The Web Designer extension enables you to customize content design by using custom templates as well as to manage your online store's files via an FTP connection.
Extensions are not available in MyCashflow Free plan.
Using the extension is free of charge.
1) Template selector
After you've enabled the Web Designer extension, you will see the Template file section in certain admin panel forms. In the section, you will be able to select an alternative template for the edited content.
Templates are HTML files included in your online store's theme that define pages' design and content. For example, you can use custom templates to define separate layouts for different product categories, as well as to change the product listings that should be displayed on their pages.
With the extension enabled, the template selector becomes available in the forms of the following types of content:
- product categories
- content pages
Creating and enabling custom templates
To create a new custom template for the desired type of content (e.g. products):
- When necessary, create a new template folder for the desired type of content:
All templates intended for a particular type of content (e.g. products or product categories) must be located in the same folder.
In this example, we create a /themes/shop/THEME/product folder for templates that can be used on product pages.
You can find template folders in the enabled theme's folder (e.g. /files/themes/shop/THEME or /files/THEME)
- Create a new custom template file with the .html extension in the folder:
- Type the file's contents in the file browser's editor or any of your own tools.
To create an entirely new template, you must be familiar with the HTML and CSS languages, so that the new template matches the rest of your online store's design.
When necessary, contact the designer of your theme or our customer service.
If your theme is based on the default theme Barebones, you can use the Barebones templates as the basis for your custom templates.
You can also use the relevant template from your own theme as the basis for the new template. You can find, for example, the basic template for product pages in the theme file product.html
For more information on how to create templates, see our Designer's Guide.
- Save the file.
- Open the desired content for editing.
At the bottom of the form, in the Template file menu, you'll see the newly created template.
New custom templates may be displayed with delay in the template menu due to cache.
- Select the desired template and save the form.
The locations of custom templates
- Products: themes/shop/THEME/product/
- Product categories: themes/shop/THEME/category/
- Brands: themes/shop/THEME/brand/
- Campaigns: themes/shop/THEME/campaign
- Content pages: themes/shop/THEME/infopage
- News: themes/shop/THEME/news
- You can keep track of all of your Smart Shopping campaigns' results directly in your online store's admin panel by means of account-specific and campaign-specific reports.
- To view the results of your Smart Shopping campaigns, go to the admin panel's page.
- Unifaun eCom LITE enables you to use in your online store logistics companies with whom you already have an agreement but for which MyCashflow has no direct integrations.
2) FTP credentials
With the help of the Web Designer extension, you can also enable an FTP connection to your online store. After Web Designer has been enabled, you'll see your online store's FTP credentials in the extension settings.
See also the instructions on using the FTP connection.