The Redirects extension enables you to create 301 redirects to your online store.
Creating redirects comes in handy, especially when moving contents to other locations or when the URL addresses of pages change. By creating redirects from old addresses to new ones you'll prevent customers from seeing error pages when they access an old address in search of specific contents.
Extensions are not available in MyCashflow Free plan.
Using the extension is free of charge.
- In the Source address field, enter the address from which traffic should be redirected to another address, e.g. an address from which you moved contents to another location.
You can use either relative (e.g. /category/5) or absolute links (e.g. https://www.example.com) as the source address. In order for you to be able to use an absolute URL address as the source address, the domain in question must be connected to your online store.
You can also use a wildcard /* in all source addresses, which means that visitors will be redirected from all of the indicated domain's pages to the target address.For example:
- if you indicate https://www.example.com/* as a source address, a visitor who accesses the page https://www.example.com/subpage will be redirected to the target address,
- if you indicate /category/5/* as a source address, a visitor will be redirected to the target address even when trying to access the product category via an address that contains parameters, e.g. /category/5/?referrer=partnercampaign
If an address used for creating redirects contains Scandic characters (such as ä, ö, å), it needs to be URL-encoded (e.g.
/ota-yhteyttämust be converted to
You can use, e.g. the https://www.urlencoder.org/ page for URL encoding.
Addresses cannot use more than one & character.
You cannot create redirects from one source address to multiple target addresses. However, you can redirect to the same target address from multiple source addresses.
- In the Target address field, enter the redirect destination, e.g. the new location for the moved contents.
The target address can be relative or absolute (e.g. https://www.example.com). You can also redirect to an address outside of your online store.
- After defining the source and target addresses, click .