The dictionary is used for saving text snippets used on many different occasions. All MyCashflow internal texts, such as email notification contents, are saved in the dictionary. Here you'll learn how to use the dictionary in your online store.
In a single dictionary entry, you can save multiple text snippets, in which you can also use HTML markup.
All texts saved in the dictionary can also be translated into all languages for which there is a separate language version in the store.
The dictionary is used for translating the online store contents. In multilingual stores, all texts that appear in the store theme must be printed from the dictionary, so that their translations will be visible too.
Adding new entries to the dictionary
- To add a new dictionary entry, on the page , click .
- Enter a unique code for the dictionary entry based on which the entry will be retrieved from the dictionary, and click .
- Type the entry's contents. In the newly added row, position the pointer in the Click to edit field.
- When the content is ready, click .
Printing dictionary entries
Entries can be retrieved from the dictionary based on their codes. Dictionary entries can be used in multiple text fields in the admin panel.
To print a dictionary entry on the desired page:
- Open the desired page for editing.
- At the desired location, type the dictionary entry's code in the format
- Save the page, and make sure that the text is displayed correctly in the customer area.
If no entry is found with the indicated code, the code will be printed as such.
The dictionary entry search is case-sensitive.
Editing dictionary entries
To edit a dictionary entry, click its contents. The text opens for editing.
When you're done making changes, click.
Using HTML markup in the dictionary
In the dictionary, you can use HTML markup that enables you to format text as well as to add images and videos to it.
To bold and italicize text:
This is <strong>text in bold</strong> and this is <i>text in italics</i>.
To add an image to the text, first save it in the file directory, and then refer to it by using the
You can also add Youtube videos to dictionary entries by using the embed code. See also the instructions on where to find the embed code and how to use it.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1nZSYNnF5AQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Translating dictionary entries to other languages
Most of MyCashflow's user interface texts have already been translated to numerous languages. However, you can edit the already existing translations and add translations to your own entries as well.
- To start translating, add a new language column to the dictionary by clicking the icon in the upper right corner of the list.
- Select the desired language for the column. You can select any of the languages for which your online store has a language version.
The language column has been added to the dictionary.
If any of the dictionary entries have already been translated into the language you've just added, you'll see the translations in the new language column.
- Locate the entry to translate on the list, and click the content field in the new language column. Type the translation in the content field.
- Finally, click .