You can use the Matkahuolto extension to print directly in the admin panel shipping labels for your online store's orders that will be delivered with Matkahuolto's services.
Using the service is subject to fees. Contact Matkahuolto's corporate sales to request an offer for package services.
Installation and activation
- Order Matkahuolto's package services and ask Matkahuolto's customer service for online store interface credentials.
- Enter the credentials in the settings for the Matkahuolto extension in your MyCashflow online store.
- Indicate also the account number to which bus advance payments should be made.
- Optionally, you can change the order default weight that is sent to Matkahuolto if the order's weight is 0.
- If the sender's address is different from the address in the online store's contact information, add it to the extension's settings.
- Save the extension's settings.
Once the extension settings suit your needs, you can create new shipping methods that will use Matkahuolto's services.
- Create a shipping method for which shipping labels should be printed by using Matkahuolto's services.
In the Shipping labels section, select Matkahuolto. Select also the desired Matkahuolto shipping service as the package service.
For more information about the available package services, see Matkahuolto's website.
- Click .
- Define other shipping method settings to suit your needs and save the shipping method.
With the Matkahuolto extension enabled, you can print shipping labels on the order page by pressing the Print shipping label link in the Shipping details pane.
You'll also find the Tracking code link in shipping details, which you can use to track the shipment in Matkahuolto's system.
Printing shipping labels
Once the service has been enabled, in order to print the shipping label, in the Shipping details section of the order page go to the relevant shipment, and click the link.
The default shipment description
The default description can be specified on the admin panel's page.
The following shipping services include support for the default shipment content description:
- Near Parcel
- Bus Parcel
- Express Parcel
- Home Delivery
- Delivery Parcel
- Pallet Freight
- XXS Parcel
- Near Parcel (Estonia)
- Delivery Parcel (Estonia)
- Postal Parcel
- Home Parcel
- Small Parcel
- Registered Letter
- Priority Letter with cash on delivery
- Express Letter
- Express Parcel
- Express Business Day Parcel
- Express Freight
- EMS express service
- Priority Parcel
- Posti Parcel Baltic
Some shipping services also allow you to edit the shipment description in the Shipping details section of the order page. However, you may want to specify a default description that defines your entire product catalog as clearly as possible.
To use cash-on-delivery, you must have in your online store
- a shipping method in which the customer picks up the order at the logistics company's collection point, instead of a parcel point and
- a payment method with the Cash-on-delivery service enabled.
To enable cash-on-delivery as a payment method in your online store:
- When necessary, create a new shipping method, and select an appropriate shipping service for it.
If necessary, see how to create shipping methods.
- Create a new payment method on the admin panel's page.
If necessary, see how to create payment methods.
- As the payment service, select Cash-on-delivery.
- In the payment method's settings, select an appropriate shipping method.
- Define the rest of the payment method's settings, and save the payment method.
If the customer selects cash-on-delivery when placing the order, the order total will constitute the sum total to be paid upon delivery, which means that the total will include potential shipping and payment fees.
When processing cash-on-delivery orders, mark the order as delivered when you ship the order to the customer, but leave the payment as open. Mark the payment as paid only once it has been credited to your bank account.