In the general settings, you can manage the store's contact information, settings and shipping conditions. You can also use the general settings to close the store temporarily from visitors.
To access settings, go toin the admin panel's top menu.
The general settings can be overwritten in the store version settings, which means that individual settings can be defined for each store version. For example, if you define different email addresses in the general settings and a version's settings, the version will always use the email address defined in version settings. The same applies to contact information.
Define the general settings as soon as you've started the store and make sure to update them whenever your store or company details change. Below you'll find a description of all settings fields.
- Store name: the name indicated here is displayed, among others, in order emails and documents.
- Logo: in the default theme, the logo is displayed in the store's upper corner as well as in order documents. If the online store uses its own store theme, the logo can be displayed elsewhere too.
- Email: the email address that you define in settings is used for sending and receiving notifications from the online store. If you change this email, a confirmation link will be sent to the new email.
We don't recommend using an email address maintained by another provider (such as Gmail, Yahoo or Hotmail) as your store's address. If the email service doesn't use its own domain, sending automatic email messages from the store might not be possible at all.
- Close temporarily: you can close your store temporarily from visitors, so that it will be visible only to users that are logged in to the admin panel.
You may want to close the store e.g. while working on a new layout theme for the store or importing a considerable amount of content. Closing the store does not stop your MyCashflow account's billing.
You can also close individual store versions from visitors.
Remember to re-open the store or closed versions to the public after completing the task you've been working on.
In the default theme, contact information is displayed in the store's footer area and in order documents and emails.
- Location: the VAT rates used in the store are determined based on the Country menu. For instance, if you select Finland, you'll be able to set different Finnish VAT rates for products in your store (24%, 14%, 10% and 0%).
An online store can use only one country's VAT rates at a time. You cannot define different VAT rates for different store versions.
- Email: the email address entered in contact information doesn't send or receive any notifications, so you don't have to use here the same address as the one in the general settings.
- Bank account: if enabling invoicing as a payment method in your store, the bank account number will be displayed on invoices, meaning that customers will pay for their purchases to the bank account indicated here.
If you use an online payment service, the account used for settlement will most probably be determined in the service's settings.
- Default customer country: used to determine e.g. which language and currency should be displayed by default when a visitor arrives at the online store.
Terms and Conditions
If your store has only one store version, write the store's shipping conditions on the admin panel's page Shipping conditions., in the field
If the content page has been removed from your online store, you can create a new one at any time and print the shipping conditions by writing the tag mentioned above in the content field.