In this chapter of the quick guide, you will learn how to process orders in MyCashflow.
When a new order is placed in your online store, you need to process it, which means changing its status according to the stage of the order's payments and shipping.
Careful order processing is important, because the store's sales and accounting reports are compiled based on the status of orders. Also, when the number of orders goes up, and their statuses are not up to date, you may find it difficult to keep track of all shipments, payments and stock balances.
- Verifying payments made by the customer
- Marking the order's shipments as delivered
- Printing order documents
In chapter 7. Testing your online store, you placed your store's first order, which you can now process:
- Log in to your online store's admin dashboard at https://STORE-NAME.mycashflow.fi/flow, if you are not logged in yet.
To log in, use the same email address and password that you used when creating your online store.
- In the admin panel, go to the page through the tabs on the top of the page.
On this page, you can see all of your store's unprocessed orders. Use the tools on the right side of the page to filter the orders according to different criteria.
- Press the headline of the order you placed earlier to view its order page.
- Mark the only payment associated with this order as paid in the column on the right.
In case of real orders, you should mark payments as paid only after the money has reached your online store's bank account.
If you use an external online payment service (e.g. Klarna Checkout), there is no need for you to check your store's bank account – you'll be able to see paid orders directly in your store's admin panel.
Once you've gone through the whole quick guide, you can read more about Klarna in our user guide.
- Mark the ordered products as delivered in the Products in order section.
Select all the product rows and press thebutton above the product list.
- Finally, send a shipping confirmation message to the customer, so that they know that you have shipped the order.
The message can be sent by using the Email notifications item on the right side.
Now the order has been processed and the customer has been informed about it by a shipping confirmation message.
MyCashflow also has a quick processing feature, which performs the routine actions connected to order processing for you.
See our user guide for more information about quick processing.