In this chapter of the quick guide, you will add the first product to your store and create a category menu.
You can easily manage products and categories in the admin panel:
- Log in to your online store's admin dashboard at https://STORE-NAME.mycashflow.fi/flow, if you are not logged in yet.
To log in, use the same email address and password that you used when creating your online store.
- In the admin panel, go to .
- Press the button in the upper left corner to open the product form.
On the product form, you can manage product information, such as the name, price and description.
- Define at least the following information for your product: name, price, weight and package size.
Based on its weight and package size, the product will be assigned suitable shipping methods. You will learn more about them in chapter 6. Shipping conditions, return policy and privacy notice.
Optionally, add a product image.
- Below the name field, select the only available option in the section Show in version. Otherwise, the product will not be shown in the customer area.
Versions are not further discussed in this section but they are presented in more detail in our user guide.
- Finally, scroll down to the end of the form and press the button.
You can ignore other items in the form at this time. After saving the form, you will be taken to the admin panel's product card, which contains a summary of the product you have just added. Here you will also be able to manage the product's stock details.
You can check what the product looks like in the customer area by pressing thebutton in the upper right corner of the product card.
You may want to check what the product looks like in the customer area. In this way, if there's something in your product's settings that should be changed, you'll notice it right away.
Later, you may want to add more information about your product, such as the product image (if you haven't added it yet) and description. Products with powerful images and effective descriptions sell better.
Creating the category menu
In MyCashflow, you can group products into categories. Categories are used to create a category menu for your store's customer area, so that the customers can find products more easily in your store. Each product category has its own page in the customer area. By default, the page contains a list of the category's products.
Create the first category in your online store:
- In the admin panel, go to .
- In the left-hand menu, press the button to display the product category form.
- Enter a name for the product category (in this example Trousers).
- Under the name field, check the only available option in the section Show in version.
The version selector works in the same way as with products: if no version is selected, the category will not be shown in customer area.
- Finally, save the product category.
You can ignore other items in the form at this time.
After saving the product category, you will see in the left-side menu of thepage that the product category you created was automatically placed under the Front page product group.
You can now add the product you created earlier to your first product category:
The product has now been added to the product category. The same product can belong to several categories at the same time, which makes it easier to find the product, especially in a store with a broad product catalog.
You can group products also by brands. You can read more about brands in our user guide.
Finally, go to your store's customer area by pressing thebutton in the upper right corner to see the product category you created.
Note that it is still not possible to buy any products, because your store has no payment and shipping methods. These will be discussed later on in the quick guide.