You can integrate your online store with the Posti SmartShip system and print Posti's shipping labels directly via the admin panel by enabling the Posti SmartShip extension.
By using the Posti SmartShip service, you can enable the following functionalities in your online store:
Parcel points and alternative collection points (free of charge in MyCashflow)
Printing shipping labels directly via the admin panel
Extensions are not available in MyCashflow Free plan.
Using the extension is free of charge.
The integration provider for the Posti SmartShip system is nShift, which charges €20/mo. for using the integration (the agreement is made in the Posti SmartShip service when enabling the integration). Additionally, Posti charges for shipments according to your agreement.
Installation and setup
To enable Posti SmartShip:
- Order Posti's administrator user code. The form to register can be found here.
- You need to be a contract customer to order the credentials. If you are not yet a contract customer of Posti, Posti will enter into a customer agreement with you when you order an administrator user code.
- To use Posti's services for shipping orders, you'll also need the ID of the agreement with Posti for using logistics services. You can order the ID here.
- Depending on the size of the shipped product, the ID will be either for a logistics or a cargo service. Each time you'll receive the relevant ID from Posti based on your order.
- Order and activate the integration in the Posti SmartShip service.
- Define the sender details and the quick search value.
- Create an API key for the online store.
- Activate the Posti SmartShip extension via your online store's admin panel.
- Create a shipping method for using Posti SmartShip services.
Below you'll find detailed instructions on how to enable Posti SmartShip in an online store.
1/4 Defining sender details
Currently, you can use only one SmartShip sender in your MyCashflow store at a time.
- Sign in to Posti SmartShip at https://smartship.unifaun.com.
- Go to the page .
- Click and fill in the sender details:
- In the Quick ID field, enter 1.
Without the quick ID, creating shipping labels won't work.
- Enter your company's VAT identification number.
A VAT number is required for non-EU shipments.
- Fill out the form with your details.
- In the Quick ID field, enter 1.
- Add a new logistics company in the Carriers section.
- From the Carrier menu, select the option you’re using.
- Select the customer number that you'd like to use for printing shipping labels in your online store. Depending on the selected service, the identifier can be found either in the Logistics contract ID or the Freight contract ID menu.
- Finally, press Save.
2/4 Activating the integration
Next, activate the integration in the Posti SmartShip online service:
- In the upper right corner of the Posti SmartShip admin panel, press .
- Select Addons to system.
- From the list that opens, select nShift ERPConnect (APIConnect, REST API, JSON) and go to the application page to order the service.
- Fill in the form.
In the nShift integration section, fill in the following details:
- ERP-system: select MyCashflow
- E-commerce system: select Other e-commerce system, and type MyCashflow in the field below.
- WMS system: select Other WMS system, and type MyCashflow in the field below.
- Accept the order terms and submit the form.
After the integration has been activated and the correct quick search ID value has been set, you can create an API key for your online store.
3/4 Creating the API key
- In the Posti SmartShip admin panel, go to .
You will not be able to see the nShift ERPConnect (APIConnect, REST API, JSON) and your order has been approved.item in the menu until you've ordered
- To create a new API key, click .
- Fill in the API key's details in the form:
Select Web Services (REST) as the type.
Enter your email address for potential inquires.
In the Developer-Id field, enter 0050005613.
Save the API key.
- Go to the key's details and note down its Id and Secret Id.
You can view the credentials by opening the API key you've just created for editing.
You'll need them when filling in the details of the Posti SmartShip extension in your online store's admin panel.
4/4 Activating the extension and creating a new shipping method
- Sign in to your online store's admin panel and order the Posti SmartShip extension on the page .
- In the extension's settings, fill in the Id and Secret Id from the details of the API key you copied in the Posti SmartShip admin panel.
- Save the extension's settings.
Now you can create a new shipping method to use SmartShip in your store and enable the service to your customers:
From now on, your customers will be able to use Posti SmartShip at checkout. Visit your store and make sure that the new shipping method works properly by placing a test order.
To offer multiple Posti SmartShip delivery services to your customers, create multiple shipping methods that will use Posti SmartShip.
The following Posti services are supported by MyCashflow's SmartShip extension:
- Postal Parcel: deliveries to collection points and parcel lockers
- Home Parcel: home delivery at a specified time
- Small Parcel: max. 2 kg parcel delivered to a mailbox or slot
- Registered letter: letter delivered to a post office and handed over to an authorized person, who signs for the document (includes tracking)
- Priority Letter with cash on delivery: delivery primarily on the next weekday after mailing
To use this service, you must enable the cash on delivery payment method.
- Express Letter
- Freight: pallet deliveries with dispatch notes to business and individual customers
The service also supports the additional Consumer Delivery service, which is automatically activated for shipments that use the service if the recipient is a private person.
- Express Parcel: delivery on the next day by 2 p.m.
The service has also other versions, in which the parcel can be delivered either on the next day at the latest at 9 a.m. or on the same day until midnight.
- Express Business Day Parcel: scheduled parcel delivery aimed at business customers throughout Europe. Door-to-door shipment tracking
Pallet version not supported
- Express Freight: delivery on the next weekday to ca. 90% of Finnish companies.
On average, 97% of freight shipments are distributed 5 days/week overnight. Also available: service in which the shipment is delivered by 9 p.m. on the same day.
- EMS (Express Mail Service): the fastest possible delivery of parcels and documents around the world
- Posti Parcel Baltic: tracked deliveries to the Baltic countries within 1–2 working days. Includes the customer return.
- Pickup Parcel: deliveries to parcel lockers or service points in Sweden and Denmark
- Home Parcel Nordic: home deliveries in Sweden and Denmark
- Parcel Connect Baltics: home or pickup point delivery for parcels within Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania This service is available for businesses registered in the Baltics.